What Is a Good Exploratory Essay Topic: 10 Strong Suggestions
Exploratory essays are different from other research papers that students have to write. In this paper there is no need to argue for a particular idea. The main feature of an exploratory paper is that you have to look at one problem from different angles. Your purpose is to gather as much information as possible from various sources about the issue and let readers make their own conclusions.
It means that the best topics for exploratory essays are the ones that people often argue about. You can write about issues that aren’t agreed on yet, if you have enough information to do research on them. Here are some strong topics that can serve as examples:
- Do people have to live in harmony with nature or they can change nature at their discretion?
- Should people rely on nuclear energy or seek alternative energy sources?
- Evolutionary theory versus intelligent design.
- Should people get married for love or is marriage of convenience better?
- Does modern medicine allow the survival of too many people?
- Nanotechnology: a miracle or a disaster?
- Is it helpful for students when teachers use modern technology in their lessons?
- Does online dating have any meaning?
- Who has a right to decide what can be cloned and what can’t?
- Should all humanity unite?
In this essay you can discuss whether people should develop technologies or live simpler lives.
Do research on the alternative energy sources that can replace nuclear energy. Will it be possible in the near future?
It is a topic that possibly won’t ever lose its relevance as there always will be believers and unbelievers. Gather arguments from both sides.
Discuss what makes marriages stronger. Is it love or maybe a confidence in tomorrow?
This is a tough topic. Discuss whether it’s good or bad that modern medicine allows the survival of people who would have died without its help.
Do research on nanotechnology and discuss whether it’ll help humanity or become another horrible weapon.
Investigate in your essay whether new ways of teaching are better than the old ones, or maybe it depends on teachers.
Discuss online dating, which has become rather popular nowadays. Does it really help in creating new families or not?
This topic is your chance to discuss whether it’s ethical to clone humans. What are the possible consequences?
Does it make sense to divide our planet onto different countries when globalization already exists? Would humanity be able to distribute resources better if unified?