How to proofread your science research paper
Research paper is a process of writing that requires lot of brain storming and research work. Research paper is an important document. Students have to write research papers in order to secure their degrees. Research paper must be written with extreme care and hard work. You cannot write a research paper casually. You have to follow some set principles and methods to write a correct and good research paper. Your research paper should be written correctly so that you get passing marks in it. The wrong written or low quality research papers get rejected by external examiners. The main thing that you must do after writing a research paper is to proof read it with attention.
This article will provide you with tips that you can use while proof reading a science research paper. Following are the tips:
- Take a print out of your research paper and read it aloud. Where ever you find a mistake highlight it or underline it.
- You should keenly look for punctuation marks mistakes.
- Check your paper for grammatical mistakes.
- You can use search function of your system or personal computer in order to check the spelling and sentence structure mistakes.
- You should also underline the repeated lines or words and rewrite them by alternating words.
- You should think about the errors that you mistake while writing in general. You should note down that common errors and check your research paper for them one by one.
- When you find a bulk of errors in your science research paper then you must note them down and you should learn the ways of correcting the.
- Do not forget to correct the mistakes.
- You must proofread your research paper with attention and in a quite environment.
- You should not proof read your paper in a single session. You must divide your time for proof reading and you must proof read your research paper in bits.
- Do not forget to check for the correct references and citations. The references or bibliography that you provide in your research paper must be correct and it should also be written in correct format.
- You should look for the organization and arrangement of your material. It should be document by following a certain arrangement.
- Reread your paper even after completing the proof reading or you can also ask some of your fellow to reread your paper for you once you yourself complete the proofreading.